Saturday 6 February 2016

Hello to all the readers of my new blog page  



My name is Cath Regan and I run my own pre-school, Pine Pixies in Formby. 

I am a mum of four children and a grandmother. I have always spoken out for what I believe in and have been involved in many campaigns such as: MAMAA (Mothers Against Murder and Aggression) after the tragic murder of James Bulger in 1993, many local campaigns, CARES (Coalition Against Removal of kids Emergency & other Services). 

I have stood as a political candidate in several Sefton council elections. I have also put forward local petitions, helped to spearhead a campaign to save a local dementia facility Brookdale Resource Centre, worked on a local woodland group for nine months Woodvale Woodland Project, amongst other things.



My nursery is situated in Formby close to Southport and I have managed it since 2001. There have been 'many' changes over the years re legislation since I took it on. I find working with this age group is extremely rewarding, as we are working alongside their parents and carers to shape their future personalities and love for nature, finding out where their creativities and interests lie and teaching them the social skills needed for starting school. My nursery has a wonderful relationship with some of the local Formby schools and children's centre, working together is very important to ensure an all round care package which follows them through their education.

2 comments: